Thursday, March 10, 2011

March Madness

Well the flu has struck the Wilbur home. Yuck! But with every bad thing comes something good I guess. I was able to get a little boost in my weight loss. 10 pounds! Yeah! Not the way I would have preferred but I have been able to keep it off.  Which in turn caused me to be able to buy a size smaller dress! I had ran all out of church and was beginning to look like I was wearing a potato sack. Dress shopping was actually fun!

I must say that this illness was an eye opener to me that I am really changing my life! Normally this would be the time I quit. How many times have we all started programs and then the first obstacle that comes our way we just give up. Not me well at least not this time. :)

Overcoming obstacles seem s to be the them this month. I am trying to work out a balance of being a good mom, taking care of myself, and working a full time job. Not always an easy thing! Nathan had a change in his work schedule which would leave the kids at daycare for another 2 hours a day. I am not very fond of this idea at all.

So it was time to use the old noodle! I am going to start going to the 5:15 am class so that I can be home at 4pm. Anyone who knows me knows this is going to be a hard one! but, it will increase my time with the kiddos by a lot! This is going to be a struggle at first but I have such a great husband who helps out so much that I know we can make this work!

I am constantly battling myself on this debate. Do I stay home from the gym to spend more time with the kids or do I take care of myself and go to the gym so that I will live to be around to take care of my kids? Not an easy choice. I feel like before I lost this weight I was always so tired and miserable that I wouldn't want to do anything. It was a chore to come home and cook dinner. But now I find I am spending more quality time with my family even if the quantity is just a bit lower.

So there is an insight in to my brain and the crazy thoughts I am aways tossing around....... LOL!

1 comment:

  1. Beth! This is so awesome! You made the RIGHT choice! Congrats on the 10 pounds too! Sorry about the sickness. It seems to be sweeping the nation. {according to my ever so small statistics from my Twitter followers...lol} It is totally fun to go dress shopping when you are shopping for a size smaller. Wooo Hooo! Remember, you need to take care of yourself before you can take care of anyone else. Beth, YOU ARE DOING IT! I am so proud of you! Keep up the awesome work, girl! If you start feeling low, call me or write me, K? Love you! Hugs, Shannon

    ReplyDelete