Monday, January 31, 2011

A Little Encouragement

So I haven't  been  really seeing a lot of results lately with my workouts. I mean don't get me wrong I know exactly what I need to do to see those results. I have got to get my eating back on track. However, this weekend I was able to attend a Health Fair with my FXB gym. I was a little nervous to go because I knew I was going to be the biggest person out there doing a demonstration. But, I am trying to stop using my weight as an excuse not to do things. I went and had a really good time. I met some ladies who were so supportive. This women actually hugged me and said she was so proud of me. Normally I would be annoyed by this. I always think that just because I am heavy people think it is amazing that I don't sit on a couch all day. But, I have come to realize that people are genuinely happy for me. They know it is hard work no matter what your size and they are genuine. I am the one who is so judgemental about myself and I need to take it for what it is .....a compliment.


Today I had an awesome work out. Lance Farrell the creator of FXB was at our gym. He was walking around helping people correct their form and perfect their punches. I was super nervous when he came over to my bag and just holding my breath waiting for him to tell me I was doing it all wrong. But, to my surprise that is not what came out of his mouth at all! He told me I was doing a great job and he thinks I would make an excellent instructor one day. I was so happy! I think I will remember that forever! I mean this is me....the girl who six months couldn't take the stairs at work because I couldn't breathe, the girl who couldn't run with her kids, the girl who was miserable. Yep that same girl was just given the greatest compliment by the creator of the program that has changed her life!!!! AWESOME DAY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment